Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wearing the Pork Eating Crusader T-Shirt: a tale of two minorities

Wearing one of our Pork Eating Crusader T-Shirts, wearing it with pride, I happened to encounter a Jewish guy I know.

He laughed at the T-Shirt, thought it was funny, and ended by saying "you know, it's such an idiotic thing to say, and also- there's good hygiene reasons not to eat pork. I could tell you-"

I like bacon so I cut him off at that point.

That was the morning. In the afternoon, off I went to a local lawyer, who is also a moslem.

And then the screaming started.

Not only did he dress me down on wearing such an insulting t-shirt, he also told me our (by which he means the west, as opposed to him and his by which he means the dar al islam) leaders are war criminals and should be hung as such, and finished by warning me (threatening me) that "tough local boys" would pick a fight with me. To which, I laughed.

Interesting variation in reaction, thinks I.
StumbleUpon
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...