Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lawrence Miles' Doctor Who Thing: Everyone's a Destroyer of Worlds These Days

Lawrence Miles' Doctor Who Thing: Everyone's a Destroyer of Worlds These Days

Really good article by Lawrence Miles, great to see him writing again, and I agree that he is still providing the ideas for current Who and Torchwood.

Lawrence Miles is a "divisive" figure, which based on my own personal experience means that a lot of lesser people would like very much to take his ideas without having to acknowledge either his brilliance or his authorship. Personally I loved some of his books but really didn't like "Interference" at all. If I still owned it I think I'd probably read it and enjoy it, but when it came out there was no new Doctor Who show, and many people, me included, were very protective of "our" show- our own prejudices in other words. Now, I can see just how ahead of his time Lawrence Miles really was, and how many royalties are owed to him by the BBC... Although they would crush him with a work for hire argument no doubt.
StumbleUpon
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...