Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Viewer-submitted Mothman Sighting Reports

Viewer-submitted Mothman Sighting Reports





Subject: Strange Things In the Sky
I wasn't sure if this is the right address to contact about things like this or if you could even answer it. I am a strong believer in the Mothman,UFOs,and the Men In Black, I'm currently reading your book, Behind Red Eyes,I've done a bunch of research on the Mothman online. Anyway, to get to my point. Tonight at about 10 p.m. I went outside on my roof. I was on the phone looking up at the sky looking at the stars. As I was watching, I saw a very distant light swirling around in the sky. There were blue, green and red lights on it as well as a white light. It was almost so distant that I couldn't see the lights but every once in a while I could. I watched it dip around in the sky for about 45 minutes and all of a sudden I saw the light go out. I was very fascinated by it. Then about 10 minutes later, I was looking around the tree line in front of my house and saw blue, red,and white lights. I'm positive it wasn't the same thing earlier. I watched it rise for about 7-10 minutes. I rose very, very slowly. It was close enough that I would have heard something if it was a helicopter or an airplane but I heard no sound what-so ever. It rose straight up and suddenly started going left. It didn't go left fast but it made a left turn pretty quick. So after about 10 minutes of getting high, it flew over the house. The area above my house seems to be air travel space, and it went in a completely different direction than I've ever seen a plane fly over. I'm not sure if you could help explain what I saw but it was definitely something I've never seen before. Thanks for reading.
Justin.

Subject: Mothman
Hey Guys,

My name is Leticia F., Im 22 years of age and from Los Angeles. Well lets just say I havent seen the mothman in L.A. but I know of someone close to me that saw him a while ago. My aunt has always had her share of stories and ghostly encounters , especially from the area she used to live with her ex husband. The house is still owned by her daughter but my aunt does not live their anymore. Anyway, about 15 years ago my aunt Gloria was living in a little town outside the outskirts of Laredo TX. The town is called Mirando, its a small ranch. Residents live about 1/2 mile from eachother. The house had a number of poltergeist activity and so forth but nothing like what Im about to tell you.

My aunt Gloria was in her kitchen sink washing dishes when she felt someone staring at her infront of the window. Now the window looks outside the front porch where there is only a small dirt field. Then infront of her were these large Red Eyes. She said she screamed so loud that her ex husband came out with a shot gun. (They all have guns in those ranches due to deer and coyotes outside). He ran out to the kitchen and said what was wrong! she then told him what had happened. Gloria's ex husband came outside to check what the hell she was talking about. Nothing was outside, no animal nor a person. The only animals outside were their two bulls and a dog but were on the opposite side of the house tied down. The very next day thier dog was dead on the porch. They took it to the vet , no signs of strangulation or poisoning were found. The dog had died of unknown causes. My aunt tells this story once in a while. We all kind of get freaked out as kids. Now since the legend of the mothman and similar sightings have happened I figured out what could of been the mystery. Could my aunt witnessed the Mothman? It all fits together with all the information given on the Travel Channel and the movies . I always thought she could of seen something else but now I believe her. Hopefully this information has brought good insight. Especially since this is far from Point Pleasant WV. Email me back if you got this message.

Thank you

Sincerely Leticia F.


Subject: mothman sightng
I'm writing you to share an experience that i had back in the early 1980's. In Tivy Valley,calif. outside of Sanger/Fresno.

I was visiting a friend in the country on the outskirts of town, i walked across the road, to go pick pomegranates that grew on the edge of an old cemetery most of the grave stones are 1800's a few caved in. On my way back up the road, as i was walking, i could feel something watching me, i looked up with my eyes due to the fear i was feeling at the time, not turning my head upward, because what i saw was unreal & definitely unexplainable. I saw a very large thing sitting in an oak tree about dusk, it was sitting in a slumped manner with both wings tucked closely next to the body. it was the size of a man, but looked like a bat, eyes were very eerie. i was so scared i continued walking, without looking up, fearing it would notice me, noticing it. I don't know what that was, but it was very real & very much infront of me. I walked underneath it as i was passing by to get back to my friends house, it was turning its head watching me pass by. i was so scared, but i didn't dare run. I'm wondering if were all seeing the same thing. Are we facing demons or what. I have also experienced other encounters over the years. I don't understand why i seemed to be the chosen one to run into these things, but it can sure scare the heck out of you. I believe that most all encounters were witnessed. maybe you all can shed some light for me or help me answer these questions. my friend saw this on t.v. & was very excited to inform me about it. Due to the fact I had told her about this thing I saw years ago. so it promoted me to contact about this matter.

thank you,
pamela w.
stockton, calif.


Subject: Mothman
I was looking at your Mothman Museum home page and was shocked at seeing the painting on the top center. I was on my way home from Chester WV. with my girlfriend . We were on RT 68 between East Liverpool Ohio and Midland Pa. along the Ohio river. The time was around 3 am and a thing that looked like a black angel flew in front of my truck, it was about 6 ft tall and was so close we both ducked. What ever it was came from the river side of the road. I wanted to go to the Midland Pa. Police but my girlfriend said they would think we were crazy, we often talk about this but that was as far as it went. Thanks For Your Time
Dave M.


Subject: Fwd: Can You Help Me Here ?

Hello There,

I am sure you probably get thousands of emails about strange happenings and bizarre events, but I have something for you too. I haven't heard of "Moth Man" until today as resulting in the experience of what happened to me last night/early this morning. I was referred to look on the internet to find something from friends at work who I solely trusted with this that would not think that I was crazy or loosing my mind. When I got home from work, I talked to a friend that's like a brother to me and he also agreed for me to research the net. To start off with, I live in a small town, Jessieville, Arkansas. It's just outside of Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. My name is Charles B, part Native American, I go by "Lone Wolf". This is what happened to me last night/early this morning:

I live in a very small camper. Last night wasn't any different than any other night. There are 2 Belgium Mules and 2 ponies with about 6 horses that freely roam this 64 acre property. I leave to go to work around 4 a.m. so I go to bed about 6 or 7 p.m. Sometimes in the night, I hear the roaming of the animals here along with them once in a while of scratching themselves by rubbing their bodies on the camper. Nothing strange about that. About a week ago, I changed the sleeping position of myself due to the headlights shinning thru the camper from my brother's daughter's car from when she gets home from work. Last night, I was really restless more than usual. There were a lot more noises outside around the camper than usual. There was also like something was pounding on the camper in the middle of the night. I remember waking up due to a light that was very bright coming thru the window. For a moment I that it was my brothers daughter coming home, but then, I realized, the window without a curtain is facing the wooded part of the property. I was awake then. It wasn't an ordinary type of light. It was very intense and had an orange glow to it, almost light a setting sun. I looked out the window, but I couldn't see anything. I had the sense that someone or something was watching me. Being that I am of myself and believing that there is a logical explanation for everything, I just rolled over and went back to sleep, or should I say, I tried. I felt the camper move like something was pushing on it, thought it was just a mule or a horse. Then there was pounding on the camper again. I have an electric heater in the camper and remember awakening to be very cold and the sense that I wasn't alone. I opened my eyes and thought I saw a large black shadow looking at me for a few seconds. It was gone. I breathed very deeply for a few moments and seen my breath condensate's in the air. It was extremely cold on the camper for a couple of minutes. I looked at the clock and seen it was time for me to go to work. I got up, changed and checked the door to make sure it was still locked of which it was. I went out to my van and started it, turned on the lights and noticed that there was feed buckets on the ground. I picked them up and put them in the back of my brothers truck. I drove out, opened and closed the gate and then preceded to drive to work. I usually have about a 45 minute drive to work. I remember going thru and S curve and seen a white plastic bag in the a tree on the right side of the road. For some reason, it caught my attention. Just after I turned my head, all of a sudden, I seen a swarm or about a hundred or so like birds, bats, moths, I don't really know, it happened so fast, coming right down the middle of the road. I cranked the steering wheel hard to the left and tried to avoid as much contact as I could with whatever they were. I remember hearing thuds off my van and seeing things bounce off my windshield and the front of my van. It was like they all had these small bright red eyes or something, they were like tracing flashes off my van. Strange and bizarre, yes indeed. It was around 4:15 a.m. in the dark. No birds are flying at that time. It's winter here and the bats are dormant it's too cold for insects right now. I just know that they looked like bats to be the closet thing that I can think of. I never stopped and kept on driving to work. When I got to work, I left the lights on and got out and checked for any damages. There was nothing there. A work friend came over and asked me if I hit a deer or something. I was still a little shaken up and kept faith of telling him what happened. I still had the sense that something was watching me and kept looking over my shoulder all day long. My friend from work told me about Moth Man and said I should watch the movie and check the net out to see if anything compares to what happened to me. He also told me let him know what goes on for the next couple of days. Boy, that was something really nice to hear, thinking that I was done with this ordeal. All thru my work day, I tried to make sense of any of this and couldn't. I finished out my day at work and drove back home. I even stopped where I seen that plastic bag in the tree and looked all over for something and couldn't find anything. I got home and told my brother and he told me to call my mom. My mother is dying from cancer and only has about a month or so to live. I called my mother and she was doing about as good as she can for her condition right now. Even as I write to you now, I still have this feeling that something is watching me. I have checked the net out and somethings are kind of the same, but a little different. Also, the buckets that I put in the truck this morning, were on the porch and the gate to the yard for my brothers house was opened and his stud colt was out loose and as we know, no one put the buckets on the porch. It was also said that sometime during the time that I left for work and the time that everyone else got up here, there was knocking on the front door of my brothers house. I know I picked up those buckets and put them in the bed of the truck and the yard gate was closed, I seen the colt watching me the whole time, the yard gate was closed. Can you make any sense of this ? Thank you for your time, help and cooperation.

Thank you again,
Lone Wolf.........


Subject: Fwd: moth man is real how cool
I would like to describe an eyewitness visual witness of a bird in the Mountains in West Virginia. The time period the best I can remember was around 1970. Myself and my mother saw a bird that followed the car up a mountain road we saw only the tail and the underside of this animal its wings were almost as wide as the road. This animal tried to delicate repeatedly on the car right over top just in front of us. It did not have a feathered tail its tail looked long and coiled up. It was dark in color. When we witnessed this I told my mother that I looked like a prehistoric bird. This animal was much larger that turkey, turkey buzzard or an owl, eagle, hawk. or any other bird of prey that I have ever seen. It had a broad heavy body. In fact it looked so large that it had trouble getting air born and it used the path of the road to get up in the air. This bird looked large enough easily take down a dog or deer sized animal. We saw a program on the TV and this is very close description to what we witnessed. There is or was a birds in these mountains that would scare the hell out of anybody. I cannot say that it had any man like features but this was something that both myself and my mother still remember. I have to believe that other people witnessed we saw and I can see why they called it moth man. This is a true story for obvious reasons I can see that people blow it off as untrue but we this true story. I know another person in Maysville, Wva. that has described something similar. He explained to me he did know what it was but it was as big as the hwy. is wide. Sincerest Regards, Douglas K


Subject: mothman
I was in Point Pleasant on a road trip. I was looking out the window and I saw a pair of GIANT red eyes. I said,”Dad, I just saw something with giant red eyes in the woods” he thought I was just seeing things. That night, November 22nd , 2003, just to scare me we watched Godzilla V.S. Mothra. This of course scared the crap out of me. The next morning, dad asked me to find a fishing creek, …. In the forest. Wile I was looking a dead dog fell from a tree. It had a huge hole in his stomach and there was no blood coming out. I looked up and saw it, the big red eyes, the green head, the huge blue and yellow wings. It hissed something that sounded like,” fresh blood and flew away. By this point I had already peed my pants and almost fainted .

Subject: RE: Mothman

just wanted to share a quick story with you...i'm 45 now...when i was 32, i read mothman prophecies by john a. keel, when reading it i noticed that some contactees shared a common birthday, (Sept. 6th), it got my attention because its mine also....but if i remember correctly, they were all women, and im male...anyways as i read the book, i recalled a distant memory...something that occurred when i was 5, ....it goes like this: one night, sometime in the fall of 1966...as we were driving home....as we turned into our drive, a bright orange light passed over, and landed beside our house, in a small pasture between our house and a neighbors....as this orange light sat down...8 small yellow lights flew up from it...( i guess i was learning to count about that time).....now you would think that when something this dramatic happens, we would have ran out to see what it was and the national guard would have been on the scene before daybreak......but we just went inside and went to sleep......HUH?, yeah.....i do remember walking out to the spot the next morning with my father, our neighbor was already there....neither speculated as to the cause of the burned spot in the grass or the activities of the night before........and we never spoke of it again....now thats strange because of all the conversations that my family and i have had over the years concerning ufos,ets,ghost,time travel...etc., you would think that would have came up. so, i asked my parents about this, and they remembered.......so i called my brother on the phone....and he remembered.....for 27 years we never taked about it, until while reading mothman prophecies, a memory was triggered.....now, on the morning of my 33rd birthday...my first thoughtof the day was this (as i was waking up) ...my birthday is 9/6/1961, if you turn it over its 1961\9\6.............Don M


Subject: well, i finally saw my first "mothman"...
Coming back from the grocery store 12:40am 3/10, me and Veronica got out of the van and were walking to the house (Sciotodale)

I looked up in the sky and some movement caught my eye. I pointed to the object and Veronica acknowledge it, and tracked it's movement with me.

We could not make out any details. What we could make out was a wide wing span. There was no movement, no sound. I estimate it was moving approx. 20+ mph. It appeared to be flying about approx 20 ft taller than the tallest treetops- so I'm guessing about 80 ft high. It appeared to me to have a tan color. We followed it over our house, across the road, and then it disappeared in the darkness going a NE direction. I would guess the bulk of the wing span was at least 12/15 ft wide, and possibly much wider given the rough estimate of the height. It appeared that we were only seeing the very bottom of the wing, and there may have been areas on the object that were not visible in the darkness.

After it was gone, I was trying to pull all the information together and form some sort of idea of what it was. At first I thought of the possibility of a UFO/flying saucer etc... but after I thought about it a little bit, it gave me somewhat an impression of being "organic"- if this was a flying creature, it was completely gliding- no wing motion.

So what was it? Thunderbird, Mothman, Pterodactyl, bizarre ufo? Never saw anything like that. In the last couple of years I have become a big fan of large birds in the area- Turkey Buzzards, Hawks, occasional Eagles, Owls etc... It did not travel like an of these birds, and not like a bat either

I don't know

Todd M


Subject: possible mothman sighting
i didn't know where else to report this without sounding crazy. a few nights back. me and my husband we're driving when i saw something swoop down over the car. it all happened so fast, i couldn't really tell the characteristics, but i could tell is was bigger than any bird i had seen in our area. the location of this event was on 235 right before byron, a small town between fairborn and yellow springs ohio. i saw you're planning to put up a sightings page so there's mine.


Subject: Mothman sighting
I was watching a rerun of "Unsolved Mysteries" and they did a segment on a phenonemon called the "Mothman". I was chilled to the bone when I saw it, so I did a Google search and found your website.
In July of 1995, a female friend and myself were driving back to her home in Bonneau, SC, along a lonely stretch of Hwy. 52 between Moncks Corner, SC, and Bonneau; which at the time was very desolate. It was a nice evening and I had the sunroof open on my '95 Honda. At a curve in the road, I had to slam on brakes because there was what appeared to be a man standing in the road. I stopped inches from this creature that climbed on the hood of my (brand new) car and it had red eyes and what appeared to be large wings.
My friend, Marion, told me to "floor it", so I stepped on the gas pedal and the thing rolled off the car. About a mile down the road, the "thing" was hovering above the sunroof of my car, staring down at us. I pressed the button to shut the sunroof, but it wouldn't close. I reached about 100 mph when I decided to stop the car. The "thing" flew past us and disappeared into the woods. We then proceeded to drive to Marion's house, where she lived with her parents at the time. We didn't speak a word the entire time we were driving, which was at least another 20 minutes or so.
When we pulled into Marion's parents' driveway, she asked me to come in. She woke up her dad and asked him for "the drawing of the thing". He went into his study and produced from his desk a piece of paper on which was drawn an exact picture of what we had just encountered. Marion, who was 28 at the time, had seen this "thing" while in high school. She was a cheerleader and was driving home from practice when the very thing happened her. It seems nobody believed her until the night the two of us saw this thing together.
The next day I noticed deep scratches in the hood of my car and some small dents. The sunroof's rubber lining had melted.
I have had recurring dreams about this creature since the encounter, which was over ten years ago now. I even thought I spotted it along I-64 in Virginia between Richmond and I-81 while driving during a business trip.
Please don't think I'm crazy -- I am a well-educated professional. I would prefer if you post my story, you simply use my first name because I don't want my co-workers thinking I'm crazy!
Mark D.

Subject: Mothman sighting
I did not know what it was we saw until people who knew told me what it was I saw when telling the story.

In the fall or early winter of 1991 or 1992 me and two of my friends decided to go to the liquor store and get someone to buy us a pint of booze. We were not yet of age so we had to get people who were of age to go in and buy it for us. We did this two or three times a week. The small town we live in (Mantachie, MS) most of the time leaves you alone as long as you are not bothering anyone. We got the booze and headed to the park in this small town. We go to the park to have a drink every once and a while but this night was different. We pulled up to the park and started to get out of the truck. We had not yet opened the booze so the booze did not make us see what we had seen. I was setting in the middle and my friend was getting out of the passengers side door. When he got out and I got out, I noticed the sound of a tennis ball bouncing on the tennis court. I looked and saw this figure bouncing a tennis ball. The figure was around 6 foot tall and was wearing a dark cloak. It looked to me that he had some sort of pouch on his back. Me and my friend who got out of the truck saw this figure and told the driver of the truck to look. He did and saw the same thing. In a flash we jumped back into the truck and headed down the road to figure out what we had saw. We got a few miles away and in the distance we saw coming at us a large bat like creature. It was several feet away from us but you could make out the red glowing eyes. It passed right in front of our windshield and vanished in the darkness. We rushed to one of our houses and didn't drink that night. We didn't do anything but stay there all night. I've just recently learned of this mothman legend so I was looking up stuff to see if anything happened in 1991 or 1992. I found this site and thought I would share my story with the rest of the group who has seen something similar to this mothman legend. I am a skeptic but I do know what I saw.


Subject: Interesting Encounter
Hello,
My name is Ken and on a roadtrip two summers ago my friends and I had a series of events happen to us after visiting point pleasent that are rather amazing.

The four of us live in Maine and all worked together. Two of us are huge amusement park enthusiasts and we planned this trip to visit amusement parks all up and down the east coast. Our first stop was to be Point Pleasant, WV on account of all the stories we had heard about the town and the legend. We did not know the area well and did not have very good directions. We drove over the Silver Bridge first without even knowing it. It was sort of an eerie day sunny and a weekend I think. No One was really around iun the town. We saw what I think is your store, but it was closed we got pictures of the statue, and removed flowers which had been placed in its butt. We had plenty of time to spare so we made it our mission to go and find the TNT. We drove what felt like forever and to no avail. We talked to some locals who all gave us bad directions. But we wanted to find something spooky. We pulled off the road at this eerie looking building across from what i was told was a prison for women. the old abandoned building looked like an abandoned hospital. As soon as we got out of the car the sunny day began pouring rain. Now this building looked as though it had been the sight of much vandalism and parties. The funniest piece of graffiti was a sign of a big heart that said Amanda + Mothman in it. Rather humorous. One room in this place had what looked like a hundred hospital beds that had been shredded very unusual. As time went on and we explored more at the top of the staircase on the third floor was some graffiti that said You All Will Die Tonight we didn't think too much of it. As we left one of my friends claimed that he wanted to break a window of one of the buildings across the field, also abandoned. So he did and we continued our journey. It was my turn driving and I had just entered the town of Greyson, Kentucky when SMASH!!! The windshield shattered and glass was everywhere. We pulled over and what happened next was clearly meant to be a multi car accident. A car off of the highway had gone off the road and hit a telephone pole support beam causing the line to dip down over the highway and smash our windshield, a series of small accidents also occurred amazingly no one was injured. We were unable to drive and were stuck for the rest of the weekend in a dry county, not our idea of a fun weekend. However, it could have been much worse. That night a record number of tornadoes touched down everywhere around us except for greyson, kentucky. If we had continued driving we probably would have run into them.

Story of mathman revenge and keeping us safe? or just amazing string of coincidences? we have been asking ourselves that ever since.


Subject: MOTHMAN SIGHTINGS
IM WRITING THIS LETTER TO YOU AFTER VISITING YOUR WEBSITE. I MOVED TO COOLRIDGE W.V. IN AUG. 2005 WHICH IS 12 MILES OUTSIDE BECKLEY W.V. ON THE FIRST WEEK OF OCT.2005I WAS OUTSIDE OF MY HOME AT AROUND 10:00P.M. BEING AN AVID STARGAZER I DO THIS OFTEN, ON THIS PARTICULAR NIGHT THE SKY WAS EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAR. AFTER SEEING SEVERAL SHOOTING STARS MY ATTENTION WAS DRAWN TO A RUSTLING NOISE IN THE WOODS BEHIND MY HOME. AS I ROUNDED THE CORNER OF THE HOUSE MY EYES WERE IMMEDIATELY DRAWN TO TWO RED EYES ABOUT 20FEET BACK IN THE WOODS. I HAVE MANY DEER AND OTHER WILD ANIMALS IN THE WOODS SURROUNDING MY HOME,THESE EYES BELONGED TO NONE OF THESE ANIMALS. THEY EYES WERE INTENSE.ALMOST GLOWING! THEY STARED AT ME FOR WHAT SEEMED AN ETERNITY. AFTER A PERIOD OF ABOUT 2 MINUTES THE EYES JUST WINKED OUT,FOLLOWED BY A LOUD SWOOPING OR FLAPPING SOUND. IM NOT A PERSON WHO IS EASILY SCARED BUT THIS LEFT THE HAIRS STANDING ON THE BACK OF MY NECK. I KNOW FROM READING AND VISTING VARIOUS WEBSITES THAT SEEING THE MOTHMAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FOREWARNING OF THINGS TO COME. TWO DAYS LATER A CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE PASSED AWAY FROM AN ONGOING BATTLE WITH CANCER. IM VERY PUZZLED BY THIS OCCURRENCE AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK YOU COULD OFFER. I HAVE TOLD NO ONE ABOUT THIS, NOT EVEN MY FIANCE, AS IT WOULD ONLY TERRIFY HER.

Subject: saw thing in Ohio LAST night

I aware I'm not crazy. I usually don't frequent these sites, and I'm 36. I'm not on drugs and don't drink much. Last night, my friend and I were returning to her home at well past midnight. We were traveling down a country road in/near Rootstown, OH --when something -- it seemed light in color -- came across the other lane from a wooded area and wrapped itself around the top left-hand corner of her truck. No discernible noise was made, and we didn't even swerve. But we both screamed, and then we had chills and the best way for me to describe it is that we felt violated. My friend started crying. As soon as it came, it was gone. I turned around, and it was gone -- just like that. It never crossed over the windshield but I swear it touched the left corner. We did not see red eyes but whatever it was kind of wrapped itself around the top/left corner of the truck. It seemed lighter in color/not dark like many of the pictures of the mothman -- but the mothman is the closest answer we can come up with, because nothing human could have made it to the top of the Silverado like that and it had a wrapping capability -- and we must have been driving near 60 mph.

Any explanations (other than the obvious "we're crazy")??????
Kim


Subject: Sightings

Me and my parents were driving on December 30 on our way to new york to go to my aunts for the weekend and christmas and it was about 1:30am. My dad was driving and my mom and I were asleep because it was so late. My dad pulled over and woke us up. He was royally flipping out. We didn't know what was wrong. He pointed to the overpass and all you could see were these intense glowing bright red eyes. At this point, we didn't know what it was so we just start driving again. When we reach the overpass the thing was still on it and my dad decided to stop and i do not know why he did. But he stopped. Then the thing swooped down and landed on the hood of our car. This thing when it landed had such force it dented the hood! It then proceeded to stand up on the hood and it was 6-8 feet tall, black, and had wings! We were all terrified at this point and my dad takes out the phone and calls the new york highway patrol and they laugh at him and hang up saying they didn't like prank calls. The thing was just sitting there. I took out my camera and photographed it (with the flash on) The thing then jumped off the car and took off, like it was afraid of the camera flash! When we got to my aunt's we told her and she said their were countless reports of this thing. Then i showed her the picture on my camera and she got REALLY freaked out. I have been doing research over the past couple of weeks and trying to find something that resembles it. I then stumbled upon your website. So I believe it was the mothman
-Brian


Subject: i mailed you because of this recent happenings
About 2 weeks ago my inlaws operate a janitorial service the have to travel between 2 towns an hour apart, one area of town goes by a lake and a cliff. The road is lake level or highway and has transports and rural traffic on it all day. There vehicle at the time was a mini van when they got to this spot where the road is lake level and cliff on otherside something black bird like with red eyes brushed there windshield this was 11pm at night my father inlaw was unquestioned to what it was for it was bigger then any birds in the area and we dont have any red eyed birds beside the america coot. Next in tha same spot 5 days later in a different car a buick the headlights and dash lights went out the car was older in model so they assumed it was just electric problems. They returned the car and purchased a pontiac grand am green/blue in color. Again they came to this spot and the headlights and dash went out they turned into the ditch to avoid oncoming traffic and stopped in tha ditch just about the its side inches from a rock outcropping.
After the very close call the next day they took the car to a mechanic and ran diag tests on it to there prove there was nothing wrong with the headlights and dash lights at all. 3 days ago january 14 a piece of the cliff broke off and smashed into 3 cars one a grand am green/blue but was not my father inlaws no one was seriously hurt. But with the amount disturbances i have a strong feel that it is not over something else is soon to happen unexpectedly. Ufo was spotted over this lake called Woods Lake it is small one could row across it in 20 mins. The ufo was spotted about 2:30am in the morning hovering above the water beaming light into it spotted by local residents a year earlier.

Subject: Mothman Sighting
This happened 12-4-03 Time: Near 12:00 North Georgia mountains

I wasn't actually involved with this particular story, but my sister Dana has. She had turned twenty-four and was heading to her friend Tiffany's house. She explained that it was eerie and quiet, but what more could one expect when someone travels a road at 11:45 at night? Hardly anyone passes through the road. For one, it leads to nothing but a small neighborhood. She turned on the radio and popped in a CD of Pink Floyd. When she saw that the CD player had 99 tracks, instead of the original 17, she took it out. What she must've figured, was that a fume had blown out. She was dead wrong. Things started getting worse and unquestionably freakier by the minute. The passenger window slowly rolled down. She tried to roll it up, but it acted as if it were stuck. (She was going 58 MPH) Suddenly, something hit the windshield, and destroyed the grill of the vehicle. My sister screamed. It sounded like wings flapping on the roof now, but then it had fallen in the back of here to the road. She thought she killed it. A man in a SUV followed not far behind. And he saw the whole thing. He said that his eyes were glaring red, maybe even more red than he thought.

Dana had pulled over, and she was staring from the back of her car, terrified. The man pulled a shotgun from the back, and aimed it at this bird-like creature. Then it stood up. With a deafening screech, the creature levitated off the ground for a bit. The man knew exactly what it looked like, but my sister was in too much awe to it's eyes. Like always, the body of a man, except it hardly had any feathers or hair. Instead, it looked like a resemblance to a bat. When it spread it's wings, it had the span of 11 feet, and the eyes towards the road down, was the only way he could measure him, about 8-9 feet tall. It had no head however, just the eyes embedded on the shoulders. At last, the demonic fiend took off. Without flapping it's wings. So the next morning, cops had questioned and investigated this. As always, there was no conclusion but for just a bird. No 'bird' I know stands 8 feet.Or has huge glowing eyes. I went outside to inspect, and there was a large crack in the windshield, and a missing grill. Also a dent upon the hood that would take two men with sledgehammers to pull off. My dog died the next day in our yard. And the case was mutilation----

I am 17 years old, and I just wanted you to know about this. I don't (Or never) believe in superstitions, but my sister goes to church, and she is perfectly sane. Before then, when that happened, she had suffered a nightmare syndrome. Every night she had horrific dreams. This occurred when she was 12, she's 26 now.


Subject: mothman sighting
Hello, my name is Cathy. I am now 48 and had an experience when I was around 22. At the time I had a 6 year old daughter and a 2 year old daughter. My 2 year old was in the habit of climbing into bed with her father and I late at night. One night I was sleeping on my back and had been awakened by the feeling of weight on my belly. As I was waking, I thought that it had been my 2 year old and was preparing myself to pick her up off of my belly to move her. I opened my eyes and what I had seen sitting on me terrified me in such a way that I will never forget. It was a very dark figure with very big red eyes. I will never forget that red in the eyes. I have never seen anything like it. They are etched into my mind forever. Anyway, I closed my eyes thinking that when I opened them, I would discover that my mind was playing tricks on me and that it was really indeed my baby girl. However, when I reopened my eyes to my surprise and terror it was still there. I again closed my eyes and looked, there it was, still those eyes looking at me. I closed my eyes again and grabbed my husband, begging him to wake up and help me remember the Lords Prayer as I was so terrified that I could not think nor remember anything. As the words started coming to my mind and out of my mouth the weight disappeared and when I opened my eyes again the figure was gone. I don't know what this was and have been puzzled by this experience my entire adult life and attributed it to my belief in God, good angels and bad angels, until I saw a segment on the travel channel recently about cryptozoology in which there was a story about a creature referred to as the mothman. The only thing that doesn't fit is the fact that my creature was not huge as most of the accounts that I have read have said. Nor do I remember wings but of course the thing that stands out most in my mind is the big red eyes against the darkness of the figure. And also, the fact that it was in my bedroom seemingly out of nowhere as well as disappearing in the same manner. The accounts that I have read of the mothman are the closest to my experience that I have seen so I am only left at this point to assume that it must be a related account until further accounts or sightings of something else is exposed. I hope to find out if others have had this type of experience. It is so puzzling and I would love to know that I am not alone.
Thank you for allowing me to share this.


Subject: mothman sighting
I have always had really morbid dreams, dreams that sometimes even to this day leave me feeling in a supernatural state of mind and being. Last night, was one of those nights. I don't remember much about the whole night just the feeling and remember waking up at just after 3am and my cat was freaking out running back from window to window in my bedroom trying to put his paw through a slat in the blinds, to look out. I just continued telling him to stop and eventually fell back asleep, but it wasn't very restful. I found myself getting up around 8am because I just couldn't sleep. Around 10am, I decided to see if any movies were coming on, and came across Mothman Prophecies, it looked interesting enough and Richard Geer was in it, so I watched it. As I got into watching the movie, I started thinking to myself (is there a reason I'm watching this, is this what I am supposed to be doing at this point and time?). I'm sorry to drag this out, but there is a history here. When the movie got to the part about the sightings, I decided after it was over I would look it up to see where the ideas came from (I did not realize it was based on actual events at the time). Well, I've told this story to many people and have gotten looks and comments about being deranged, but I've always said, "It was not a dream, it was a real life experience, I just don't know what it meant." The most I've ever done to research it was looking at dream interpretation (on black human-like figures). Anyways, here's my story. It was 1992, I was 22 at the time. I had a baby girl Jan. '92, and both of us lived at my parents house in Verona, NY. I had a twin sized trundle bed which was up against the wall just left of the door, and up against my bed was my baby's crib, and to the left of her crib, the door. One particular night I went to bed and next thing I knew I was awaken by bone chilling shrieks & screams (which I later described as something you would hear in an evil horror movie). I was both shaking & sweating profusely, while at the same time paralyzed. I could not move, nor speak, but I wanted to get up and get my baby out of there. My shaking was caused from being extremely scared and also very cold. The paralysis and fear are almost undescribable. All of the sudden the noise had ceased and I felt like what ever was there was gone. I scooted down to the end of my bed (past the end of the crib) to get up and get my baby out of that room. My 2 feet never touched the floor, I literally levitated almost around the footboard, to the end of the bed and looked to see a black human-like figure which appeared to be wearing a cape or cloak, had a head shape, but didn't seem to have hair, and I could not see a face, it was a pitch black shape in a pitch black room. I remembered noticing that it did not to appear to have feet or anything that even resembled feet, just the bottom of its legs sticking out under the cloak. I was scared too, but not as I was earlier, and almost felt like I was under the influence of something. I levitated right up to this figure and willingly put my arm around it's neck. It said to me in a normal voice. "It's okay, It's me." The next thing I remembered is that I was waking up in my bed, to a voice saying "Can you hear the radio" over and over again until I was fully awake. My impression at the time was, was that the voice was trying to wake me up and get me out of that state. My daughter and I did not sleep in there for a short while afterwards, and I have never seen anything like that since. I do not know how long the occurrence went on for, I never thought to even look or just don't remember. Afterwards, in describing it, I said I did not know if it was heavenly or hellish, I still don't know. I had strange occurances all my life before that, but many more since. Now my daughter is 14, and she's heard my story before. I told her about the movie today, and we were both looking at the website, she is totally freaked out. Me, I'm use to the weird and unusual, but I still get scared too. One night just within the past year or so, I literally was sleeping in my bed (half asleep and half awake), and I felt a hand over my mouth, as if it were trying to suffocate me, and I remember a voice saying "Get Out". When I woke up, I thought the voice was me telling whatever it was to get out, but the voice was loud and forceful and didn't sound like me at all. It may be irrelevant to "mothman", but I thought I'd share it, just in case. I feel like I found a piece of a missing puzzle today.

Anonymous,
Verona, NY


Subject: sighting
So one chilly day in the fall of '67 the parents decided to go to a private event in Point Pleasant. We were southbound on the highway by the Ohio River on the W.Va. side.It was a long ride and my butt was starting to go numb, so I shifted around and then caught sight of something from the corner of my eye. On the side of the road, in a thin stretch of woods between the highway and the river was this bum. Or I thought he was a bum. He was wearing a brown flannel shirt and grubby, baggy brown pants and a brown hunting hat with earflaps down.He was running alongside our car! I checked the speedometer, we were moving at 35 mph.!I kept looking at him and he kept running alongside the car, then he turned and looked at me. It looked like he was wearing old-style welding goggles or old-style motorcycle goggles. They were brown-framed circles with bright red lenses.He kept us with us for several hundred yards until a wide bend in the road moved us apart and I lost sight of him. About two seconds later my brothers started yelling about " The man-he's flying! Look! That guy is flying!" It wasn't the same guy. this one was in a silver suit with wings. He held his arms up by his chest, I don't know how he was controlling his flight. He shot straight up out of the woods, then leveled out and headed east-ish. He had red eyes, but not like the running guy's. The flying guy's eyes were glowing very brightly. He flew behind a hill and that's all I saw of Mothman. Or MothMEN.

Subject: mothman sighting
hello mr wamsley-

my name is bobby. im 18 years old, and i live in fort worth, texas. not very many people take us seriously, but we havent told very many people either. im talking about me and a group of my friends that go to the woods all the time at night. we have this 'fort' or something we made deep in these woods kindof near my house. many strange things happen when we're out there, like for instance- we have this 'bottle bush' that we throw coke and gatorade bottles into so they stick in the bush about 20 feet down this hill from our fort in the woods. my friend larry threw a bunch of bottles in the bush, and you know that sound that a bottle makes when something hits it? that ''dunk'' sound? well, we heard that and the bottle flew up out of the bush onto the ground. it was wierd.

The first time i saw it, we had been talking about this 'beast' that lives in the woods. i didnt believe them as most people wouldnt, but it was a good story. i attached a picture i drew on the computer in paint.. we were walking along the sidewalk that goes along the edge of the forest, and it was not quite a full moon outside, but it was hard to see. there were trails here and there darting off the sidewalk that lead down into the woods. at this one trail, there was a tree that grew sideways almost over the trail that sloped down to this creek, (in the picture) and i looked for a split second and saw these red eyes sitting right under the tree on the trail. (its hard for me to write this. its been bothering me for some time now). there were five of us walking that night, and my friend brandon was behind me and the group a few feet.

i remember him earlier explaining what it looked like, because i had asked him. he said you couldnt really tell, because it was always in the shadows. i saw it, with my eyes, and yes, they were red. i turned away real fast, and i got chills all up and down my body and i couldnt breathe. but i kept walking real fast with everyone else. Brandon ran up behind us after a few seconds, and he said in a calm voice, '' guys, i dont wnat to freak anyone out, but i think i just saw it.''

my eyes got real big, and i said ''holy shit brandon.. was it under that slanted tree over the trail....'' and he said ''yep! yep, you saw it too! i told you.. did you see the eyes?!''

I know it was there, but i couldnt really see the outline of it. but, i did have a sense that it was kind of crouching, cause barely you could see it, and it was oddly shaped, like its crouching down, looking. it was so real, and i keep finding myself thinking about it.

Brandon has told me stories about him and his friends actually running through the woods at night cause it was chasing them. he physically saw it tearing through the leaves and trees cause he was running backwards with a stick, and was the last one in the group.

we have come to a few conclusions.. there was a news story a few years ago, about a panther that escaped from the zoo here in fort worth, and the reward was something like 5000 dollars. they never did catch the panther, and there have been reports of seeing an actually panther near my house, and around the area in the last few years. i dont know what kind of color panthers eyes glow, but ill look it up.

i would really appreciate it if you would send me some information on the mothman, or sightings not posted on the net so i can have a better understanding if i saw what they saw.

Whats really weird, is ive never even seen the movie or heard of mothman untill a month ago when this happened. after we saw it in the woods, he was telling me about hte movie. i looked it up on the internet, and i read the first few articles. the fourth or fifth article i pulled up had a picture with it.. and it looked like what i saw out in the woods.


(i got chills when i wrote that last sentence..)


thank you very much for your time, and i promise im not making this up. its kept me up at night sometimes, and im starting to see things that ive never seen before, and notice things ive never noticed. ive finally watched the movie, mothman prophecies, and it really freaked me out only because ive seen and felt some of the things on that movie.


sincerely
Bobby


Subject: RE: Mothman Update
I just opened your email and do have a story to share. My husband is asleep so I can not give muc detail tonight. We live in southern In. He is from Portsmouth Oh. A few years ago we cam home to visit I am not good with directions or towns. So thats why I need him for more details. ( I do know we were not to far from mothman occurances and the bridge.) We were visiting graveyards and the last stop was to a friend he had refused to visit since he died for personal reasons. . I can later send you jpegs of the area. I tried to find a reason for what happened there was none.
we stood at the grave reading the stone (the cemetery ia upon a hilltop no trees or houses nothing) in a second something very large with wings engulfed us . we felt them and they were there and gone just as soon as we turned around. we both looked and heard flapped similar to a bird. My husband and his friend both were very active in the church. So we both talked and joked that either it was angel know he was listing to his prayers or...
me....I attract strange things everywhere ago. visiting graveyards is not something I like to do and that was one of the first time in 6 years I had been to one... this is not about that in in way.. I am not psychic just have occasional ghosts about. my kids are 15, 14, 12, and 8 and will even say so.
I would like to email you again with the exact city and graveyard and site and jpegs we took of the area. Can you tell me anything more. My husband will be 50 april 13 and is and has been a true believer. He tells me everything about Ohio and W virginia and the virginia. Talk so much about the places and people. We have drove thru some of the towns. I guess if in any way I have any energy to "beings' like that I wanna know more . I am scaerd. I have seen the grim reaper several times.. demons,many spirits, things that actually touch you and move things, they talk,sing, my family has also experienced these things, they move with us, house after house, I have had friends stay over and get scared and never stay again. my own mom (who has some of same gifts is to scared to stay.. they pull covers off at night things like that)
we rarely travel to ohio but I get scared . I know the sightings are worldwide but it seems stronger closer to those trees ...
say i am out there but what i write is true..

Subject: Mothman Sighting
Hello. My name is Jonathan. I am 14 years old and now reside in McKeesport, PA. My sighting was when I was only 6 years old, but I know what I saw.

It was a normal day, around 5:00 PM, when I had gone outside and looked over to the line of trees across the street from here my mother lives, Which is in York County, PA. I had noticed a large, black shape sitting in one of the trees. I could not see it's red eyes, beccause it was daylight. It had started to shift from side to side as a parrot does on a branch. It stretched out it's wings and made a loud, screeching sound, as of a woman screaming. I had become frightened, but stayed to look as I had no idea what it was. I had flown straight up and went in the direction I was looking until it was no more than a blur, for I had bad eyesight. This was in the year 1998, and I am not making this up. I had asked my mother what it could have been, and she hadn't known about the mothman before the movie, so she had said it may have been a large mockingbird, for they also have large wingspans, but not of about 7 ft. It had no visible hands, but had arms. It also had thick, trunklike legs. it's head was smallish, and had no beak, so it could not have been a bird. It had no claws or talons on it's feet, but it looked as though it was watching me as I watched it, studying me to see if I was any threat, as does a cat. I was never as afraid of that image as I am after I had see your site. The descriptions had fit mine as well, so this is the reason why I am contacting you. I have now moved the triangle further east, and I have done it unknowingly. I now live in fear as if it may come and find me for telling it's secret.

Please consider my story as legit and believable, for it is as true as the Word of God, and I put my life on this sighting, as I know it is true.

Subject: mothman short story
It was late at night when i turned 13 today,we were heading back from my friend's house when all of a sudden my dad slammed on the brakes. i asked him why but he was silent,then i looked out of the windsheild and i saw bloody lambs & sheep being tossed around like rag dolls.it was as if they were trying to scream bloddy murder in sheep language,then silence again then out in the middle of nowhere i saw a big brown feathery like figure it came out and tore the hearts out of the sheep & then it peered into the windsheild.and it stared at me with those big blood-red eyes.then my dad floored it! and it took off following our car,and i was thinking,"is this the legendary mothman that has been haunting point pleasent since the sixties?"and after i thought that the creature saw the lights of the city turned & backed off. those were the scariest five miniutes ever of my life.

Subject: sighting of mothman
hello, my name is susan d., i am a veteran of the army. i was on my way for an appointment 250 miles away in albuquerque n m The man driving me name is gabriel, and volunteers for veterans that cant drive. we were on Navajo land about 5 or 5:30am. Hovering above the windshield (front) was obviiously a strange figure ofa man he hovered for several minutes , then flew from the front of car to the back and disappeared. I didn t say anything until Gabriel said "did you see what i saw?" I said i was waiting for you to say something , we described the same thing to each other. Much later we drove back the same way and a small gas station was opened, and i described to the clerk and several mechanics there what we saw, they said they d heard sightings about ufo s and lights and strange creatures on the ground but, not what i had described to them. I have heard this is a really good omen to see mothman. please let me know. Susan

Subject: Fwd: I will tell you who he is

Read this. If you want the full story let me know. But this will explain how moth man came about.

Overt and Covert Research
U.S. Energy Secretary John Herrington named the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory and New Mexico's Los Alamos National Laboratory to house new advanced genetic research centers as part of a project to decipher the human genome. The genome holds the genetically coded instructions that guide the transformation of a single cell, a fertilized egg, into a biological organism. "The Human Genome Project may well have the greatest direct impact on humanity of any scientific initiative before us today", said David Shirley, Director of the Berkeley Laboratory. Covertly, this research has been going on for years at the Dulce bio-genetics labs. Level 6 is hauntingly known by employees as "Nightmare Hall". It holds the genetic labs at Dulce. Reports from workers who have seen bizarre experimentation, are as follows: "I have seen multi-legged 'humans' that look like half-human/half-octopus. Also reptilian-humans, and furry creatures that have hands like humans and cries like a baby, it mimics human words... also huge mixture of lizard-humans in cages. There are fish, seals, birds and mice that can barely be considered those species. There are several cages (and vats) of winged-humanoids, grotesque bat-like creatures...but 3 1/2 to 7 feet tall. Gargoyle-like beings and Draco-Reptoids." "Level 7 is worse, row after row of thousands of humans and human mixtures in cold storage. Here too are embryo storage vats of humanoids in various stages of development. I frequently encountered humans in cages, usually dazed or drugged, but sometimes they cried and begged for help. We were told they were hopelessly insane, and involved in high risk drug tests to cure insanity. We were told to never try to speak to them at all. At the beginning we believed that story. Finally in 1978 a small group of workers discovered the truth. It began the Dulce Wars". When the truth was evident that humans were being produced from abducted females, impregnated against there will, a secret resistance group formed. This did little though, over time they were assassinated or "died under mysterious circumstances".

StumbleUpon
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...