Monday, August 22, 2011

Tom Hiddleston on Loki’s Army & ‘The Avengers’ Manhattan Battle | Screen Rant

Tom Hiddleston on Loki’s Army & ‘The Avengers’ Manhattan Battle | Screen Rant

Access Hollywood asked Hiddleston about the leaked pictures of explosions and strange technology (perhaps alien in nature?) on the Cleveland set, to which he said:

“That’s basically Manhattan being destroyed by Loki’s army. I’m not allowed to be specific about how that army is made up, but that’s the battle for Manhattan. […] Yeah, that’s me. I’m blowing up the city and the Avengers are trying to stop me.”

Many have speculated that Loki’s army is the Skrulls – or the Kree? or the Chitauri? or some other alien force? – based on rumors and, more importantly, photographs of alien-esque weapons and spacecraft.

See for yourself below:

Skrull Alien Weapons and Spacecraft on Avengers

When asked who had the best costume in the film, Hiddleston said:

“I don’t want to say this with any vanity or immodesty, but a lot of people have been saying that it’s mine. I don’t know that because I’m the one wearing it and it also weighs forty pounds so after twelve hours or fourteen hours or sixteen hours of wearing it, I’m kind of ready to take it off. Because it’s just—metal and leather.”

On the realization that he was in the ultimate superhero film:

“There’s this one scene at the end of the film where I’m looking up at the Avengers assembled, and you’ve got Thor and Captain America and Iron Man and Hawkeye and Black Widow and the Incredible Hulk staring me down in one shot. And that was the day that I realized we were definitively making The Avengers.”

One assumes, if it comes near the end of the film and all of the Avengers are staring down the villain, that Loki gets his ass handed to him during the climax. Of course, seeing as this is a major Hollywood blockbuster, we could’ve assumed that the bad guy would get his, regardless.

The Cast of The Avengers at D23

What do you think about “Loki’s army”? Do you think they’re the Skrulls, the Kree, the Chitauri, or something else entirely?

The Avengers hits theaters May 4, 2012.


StumbleUpon
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...