Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Aged P » Blog Archive » I Want A Government That Does Only A Few Things – And Does Them Well….

The Aged P » Blog Archive » I Want A Government That Does Only A Few Things – And Does Them Well….


I really don’t care about the “human rights” of a terrorist or one who advocates terror.
I can think of better ways of improving our transport infrastructure than spending billions on a high speed rail system that won’t be fully operational until 2032
I don’t see why my gas and electricity bill should be higher in order to pay for wind farms that blight the landscape and are so unreliable they have to be backed up with alternative energies when the weather is calm
If I were in government “gay marriage” would not be top of my agenda. In fact it wouldn’t be item 999 on my agenda
I do not expect a “conservative” government to be taking money out of the pockets of poor people in Britain so that it can end up in the Swiss bank accounts of rich people from third world countries
Neither do I want a “conservative” government to waste time and money on “initiatives” to tell me what to eat and drink and how to be a jolly good chap
I am not impressed by plump faced, well heeled privately educated politicians from Oxbridge who have never held down a real job pretending to be “right on” while prancing around in shirt sleeves for silly photo ops
StumbleUpon
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...