Friday, March 7, 2014

David Stimpson: What It Means To Be An Unmutual

David Stimpson: What It Means To Be An Unmutual



What It Means To Be An Unmutual


    So
what does it mean to be disharmonious, to be an unmutual? Not to want
to join in, to be a part, a reactionary, to be a rebel in fact. Not to
conform to how others think you should, not to "fit in", to be different
to everyone else and have a neglect of social principles.
 
    As
a long time fan of the Prisoner I have more often than not been
something of a "Lone Wolf". True I was a member of a Prisoner
appreciation society, but at the beginning that was simply so that I
could get my hands on Prisoner merchandise which at the time was
unobtainable anywhere else.
 
    It
wasn't until nearly 15 years on when things went pear-shaped for me,
that's when I involved myself with politics of that society, as did
others. But as things were trying to come to a head, I could see that
nothing was going to change and that I had been wasting my time. Because
all that had been created at the end was a lot of hot air! So I walked
out, I didn't resign, I walked out and never looked back. And to be
perfectly honest I felt all the better for doing so.
 
   I
didn't see myself as a trouble maker, as I didn't want anything for
myself, but I did see myself as something of a reactionary. Rebelling
against an appreciation society which had been turned into the village,
and with the regime that went with it. Everything in fact that the
Prisoner stood against, which when you think about it is quite ironic. A
society which stands for its appreciation of the Prisoner, but which
had taken on the guise of the village!
 
StumbleUpon
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...