Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Doctor Who and the Melbourne Cup

Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog

--- Did this actress in Dr Who (arrowed) know that the real stage she’d grace was not in any theatre but at Flemington, as the first woman to train a Melbourne Cup winner?

image

Her competing interests were laid out in a TV Week interview of the time:

“There’s a disadvantage being the daughter of a well-known and extremely successful man. People tend to look at you as a little rich girl sitting on her daddy’s knee and playing at acting. I take myself seriously and I take my career seriously. I get offended when other people don’t take me seriously.”
 Asked whether she would like to follow in her father’s footsteps Gai is quoted:
“Yes, in a way. I’ve ridden track work, helped a little in the office, raced horses, clocked them, but I have no aspirations to train. It’s very hard to follow a genius.”

StumbleUpon
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...